Sunday, June 20, 2010

Getting the hang of things!!

After a long winter and a very unpredictable spring my husband has returned to work. He has been working now for about three weeks. After spending so much time with him throughout the winter ans spring not having him around has been something that I am still trying to get used to. But I am not the only one, the kids too need some adjusting and it doesn't seem to be going so well for some of us. My daughter seems to be acting out a bit more and has been showing a bit of resentment towards him. Though I doubt very much she really understands what she is feeling. Then there is my 2 year old. He is fine throughout the day but as soon dad comes home he gets whiny and unmanageable. I guess that is his way of showing him that he is just not really happy. Both my kids just adore their dad and not having him around much this summer will definitely take some getting used to. Me on the other hand, don't have that extra support when I am repeating over and over that they are heading towards a time out if they don't behave. I miss having my husband home to talk to or just be with. We went from one extreme to the other. Home all the time to only around for an hour or 2 before heading to bed. Thankfully every 10 days he gets a couple days off. It really makes me wonder how things will be when his boss ends this project here in town and then takes the crew out of town. He won't be able to come home every night like he does now, and likely will spend 2 -3 weeks away at a time. I have a feeling this will be one long summer for everyone involved!!

Either way we look at it I will try to make things extra fun to accommodate for the missing presence. Maybe that way it might just be a little easier on them. I am planning out some fun activities and hopefully everyone, including our van will cooperate.

Today is father's day and He is working, tomorrow  both him and I share a day in common, our birthday, and again he too will be working. I am thinking of getting a big cake and dropping it of at his work site so him and all the guys he works with can have a piece. At least that should make the day a little bit special.  Well I got a ton of things that need doing today and my kids seems to be fighting over toy dragons :-( the never ending he  or she took my toy battle is on. lol..

No comments:

Post a Comment