Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day Surprise

Well today is father's day. We got up like usual at 6 am but purposely we pretended it was just a regular day!! We got ready and drove my husband to work, dropped him off and came right back home. We were supposed to pick up one of those kits that make a round stepping stone for the kids to put their hand prints on them and then after it sets paint it. But unfortunately we couldn't find one. So we improvised. My husband loves his PS3 so we got him a new game of the sale rack and my daughter found a shirt he would really like. See my husband hates wearing anything with sleeves and working out in the hot sun all day tends to be worse with heavy shirts. So he likes the Adidas sleeveless sport shirts that has these tiny holes all over to allow ventilation. My daughter found a real cool looking one and was set on buying it. I then came home had the kids wrap the gifts and I got to baking him a marble cake. My husband just loves cake, any cake, but truly prefers chocolate.

I am done baking the cake and I bought both white and chocolate icing, in keeping with the marble theme. Its not just a fathers day celebration...tomorrow as I previously mentioned my husband and I share a birthday, so this cake and gifts also serves as a birthday celebration. He will be working right through and without having to worry about schedules it was better to do it today a Sunday!!

We are also making home made hamburgers and fries which is no real super special dinner but it is his favorite. A small celebration for someone we love so dearly!!

No comments:

Post a Comment