Friday, June 4, 2010

yet another set back

Mornings here are usually busy, the dogs need to be let out and fed, the chicks need to be fed and given fresh water, I have to pack lunches for my daughter and my husband and ready them for school/work all in one hours time...did I mention I have a 2 yr old that hates being rushed??

Today looked promising, all went well until about an hour ago when I finally sat down to read the monstrous amounts of emails I receive on a daily basis, mostly all junk mail that I still sort through... check out facebook, nothing real new, but one of the emails caught my attention....subject line SLEEK.

As soon as I saw it I realized something was up. you see a few weeks back I reserved a horse named SLEEK, a thoroughbred cross of 13 years ready to be taken out on the trails, well broke and quite used to other animals. I put down a down deposit so he could be held for me until I could arrange the trailering of the horse and make final accommodations at the stable until my barn was done. As I read on I couldn't really believe how ultimately rude the email sounded. Sorry I sold the horse to someone else it turned out to be in my favour, sorry for your inconvenience, good luck with your barn....what about my down deposit? what type of person takes a down deposit and then sells the horse right from under you? I will tell you who, someone who wants to make a quick buck and doesn't really care if the horse ends up in auction. In a months time maybe 2 that horse will find itself in the meat auction and all thanks to his previous owner who really didn't care enough about him. Sadly this horse gave them 13 of his best years and sadly enough they lost interest in him once they found a faster horse and once they realized training him for trails was taking too much time away from the other horses.

well now I am on the look out for another great trail horse, but somehow feel like none will match Sleek's character and laid back demeanor :-(
In any event on I will go seeking out that horse that will join this family and even maybe a companion so he or she does not get lonely.

Ema

No comments:

Post a Comment